Upcoming Updates to Eastern Miles System
The Eastern Miles member service system will go through updates from 18:00 p.m. July 14, 2014 to 08:00 a.m. July 19, 2014 (Beijing Time). During the time, all accounts and miles related services will be suspended (unless stated otherwise), including membership applications, member portal log-in, account information modification (address and telephone number), points accumulation, points retro claim, beneficiary addition/ deletion, redemption of international award tickets, redemption of SkyTeam and non-SkyTeam award tickets, upgrade award and redemption of excess luggage charges.
Other services will be offered under limited conditions, including account query, redemption of domestic award tickets, buying with member’s online redeemable points, redemption of excess luggage charges, etc.
1. From 12:00 a.m. July 14, 2014, award tickets redemption service will be suspended at CEA official website and customer service center.
2. From 18:00 p.m. July 15, 2014, you are still allowed to inquire about your personal account information through CEA service hot-line 95530 or service centers.
3. During 08:00 a.m. ~ 18:00 p.m. from July 16 to July 18, you are still allowed to redeem domestic award tickets through CEA service hot-line 95530. The new rules are detailed as follows:
①Only domestic award tickets of China Eastern Airlines, Shanghai Airlines and China United Airlines can be redeemed.
②Redeemable flights are from July 16, 2014 to July 22, 2014.
③Only seat reservation is available for award tickets of flights after July 23, 2014 (inclusive).
④For award tickets redeemed through service hot-line, call tax should be paid.
4. Redemption of excess luggage charges with member’s on-line award points will be resumed from July 25, 2014.
5. Self-help buying service with member’s on-line award points will be resumed from August 1, 2014.
It is suggested that you receive the services above ahead, and so your use of personal account award points will not be affected by system shut-down. If you have any doubt on services during system shut-down, you may still call the member service hot-line.
After system updates are finished at 08:00 a.m. July 19, 2014, all member services will be resumed in succession.
Elite qualification points and redeemable points for members arising during system updates will be automatically added into their respective accounts after system updates, and at the same time, related membership applications and award point retro claim arising during system shut-down will be handled within one month after system updates.
We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience caused.