To provide high-quality and convenient services,China Eastern Airlines (shortened as “CEA” in the following) makes online check-in service available to you that you may log onto CEA website during check-in procedures. To ensure the successful launch of such service, you shall observe the regulations described below.
1. This Agreement is applicable only for the passengers who hold the electronic ticket and reserve the seat of the flight operated by China Eastern Airlines or Shanghai Airlines.Paper tickets is not applicabe for online check in.
2. Applicability: Adults or or children accompanied with adult , excluding infants. If you booked special service or special meal, please register at the check-in counter on the day of departure (In addition, the women pregnant for 32 weeks are possible to run risks on flights.).
3. Checked luggage service cannot be included in online service. You should check in your luggage at CEA luggage drop-off counters at least 60minutes in advance. In accordance with CAAC regulations, any luggage that exceeds 20cm*40cm*55cm in size or weighs more than 5kg must be checked in. Luggage must comply with security regulations by which alcoholic drinks, knives and hazardous tools must be checked in. Valuable articles, travel documents, fragile goods and hazardous articles like flammables, explosives and corrosives are prohibited from being packed in checked luggage. Lighter and match is prohibited to carry in or check in.
The air transport regulations on safe transportation of lithium battery are as follows:
(1) Portable electronic devices (such as watches, calculating machines, cameras, cellular phones, lap-top computers, camcorders )containing batteries when carried by passengers or crew for personal use，can be carried-on or checked in;
(2) Spare batteries must be individually protected to prevent short circuits by placement in the original retail packaging or by otherwise insulating terminals, e.g. by taping over exposed terminals or placing each battery in a separate plastic bag or protective pouch, and carried in carry-on baggage only. In addition, each installed or spare battery must not exceed: (a) for lithium metal or lithium alloy batteries, a lithium content of not more than 2g; (b) for litnium ion batteries, a watt-hour rating of not more than 100Wh.
(3)Lithium ion battery powered equipment containing batteries over 100Wh but not exceeding 160Wh are permitted to carry-on or check-in. Spare lithium ion batteries with a Watt-hour rating exceeding 100Wh but not exceeding 160Wh for consumer electronic devices.Maximum of two spare batteries may be carried in carry-on baggage only.These batteries must be individually protected to prevent short circuits. (For more details, please log on the website of CEA, www.ceair.com, or call 95530, the customer service line of CEA, or check Tips for Passengers of China Eastern Airlines).
The Samsung Galaxy note7 smart phones are completely banned from the cabin on passengers and in passengers' carry-on baggage ,and from cargo hold in their checked baggage.
(For more details, please log onto www.ceair.com, dial MU customer service hotline 95530, or consult refer to CEA Passenger Notices ).
4. If you have checked in at CEA counters, you can not check in again online.
5. Please proceed through security 40 minutes before the scheduled departure. The boarding pass with a security check seal will be deemed as a valid certificate for boarding, other photocopies and the boarding pass withoutsecurity check seal will be deemed as invalid.
6. The boarding gate will be closed 15 mintues before departure.Please board the aircraft on time or you might miss the flight.
7. Please recheck your boarding gate information at the enquiring counter or flight information dispaly screen.
8. In the event of some special circumstances like flight delay, your seat number is subject to a possible change. Please coordinate our staffs in seat rearrangement.
9. If you have checked in online but need to temporarily cancel the flight due to personal reasons, you can log onto the CEA website to cancel your previous seat 1hour before the scheduled departure time. If you have arrived at the airport, you can cancel the booked seat at CEA check-in counters.
10. In special circumstances MU will close the online check-in service, we ask for your understanding. You can dial customer service hotline 95530 for more details.
11. Make sure your certificates are legit and valid, or you will take responsibilty for it. (If your name has rare characters or is the combination of both Chinese characters and Pinyin, you need process check-in procedure at airport counters.)