Online Ticketing Information
•Passengers who buy tickets on the Internet must comply with "Travellers’ Instructions" of China Eastern and the related regulations issued by the Civil Aviation Administration of China, and shall be responsible for all contents of online ticket Purchasing.
•Tickets purchasers should strictly abide by the regulations on the provision of valid certificates that are needed for taking civil flights and guarantee the legality and validity of their certificates. The ticket purchaser shall be responsible for the consequences of reasons such as discrepancy between the certificate and the name or expiration of the certificates.
•The ticket purchaser must provide truthful relevant personal data and contact information of the prospective passenger. The ticket purchaser shall be responsible for the economic losses caused by unclear or incomplete data after purchasing the ticket.
•The ticket purchaser must complete the purchasing procedure (i.e. online payment) within 30 minutes after booking the seat. The payment transaction is completed after the system produces the ticket number, which the ticket purchaser should confirm in the “Order Management”. Payment overdue will be deemed as unsuccessful and the seat booking will be automatically canceled.
•Special (fare) passengers (including VIP passengers, injured or sick passengers, disabled passengers, passenger on stretchers, disabled soldiers and policemen, pregnant women, unaccompanied elderly and children, students, teachers, seniors, etc.), as well as passengers applying for special services (including special meals, seat number reservation, passengers on wheelchairs, etc.), please directly contact direct offices of China Eastern Airline to apply for special services or ticket booking, or call the customer service hot line of China Eastern Airline. China Eastern Airline does not accept applications for online ticket purchase of special (fare) and special service passengers.
• Our website does not support purchasing baby tickets. In order to ensure the flight security, the airline has restrictions on the number of babies on each flight. Therefore, adults who have purchased tickets on our website should go directly to offices of China Eastern Airline at their earliest convenient time or call the customer service hot line 95530 of China Eastern Airline for consulting service or purchasing baby tickets that you will carry.
•To ensure punctuality of the flight, online checking in for the international flights of China Eastern Airline ends 60 minutes before the departure time; online checking in for the domestic flights ends 45 minutes before the departure time.
•Airport check in counter service time,please pay attention to the official website of the airport information or consult the airport staff.
•The passenger should check in with valid traveling certificates used for online ticket purchasing at the airport.
• The passenger should arrive at the airport counter within the above-mentioned time limit to check in with valid traveling certificates used for online ticket purchasing.
About the Invoice
• The Invoice of Electronic Air Transport Tickets (herein referred to as the Invoice) is used for the reimbursement of electronic tickets that passengers buy.
• Passengers with online tickets can receive the Invoice at some airports or direct offices of China Eastern Airline with valid traveling certificates no later than 7 days after completing all the legs of the ticket. If the passenger asks for paid rearrangement or upgrade of the tickets, before the upgrade the Invoice must be printed within 30 days after the paid rearrangement or upgrade.
• The Invoice can only be printed once and is not used as a necessary certificate for checking in and security check.
• Passengers with the printed Invoice should produce the Invoice when asking for service changes, and must return the Invoice when asking for a refund. The passenger can directly return the Invoice to the original printing place (like the airport service counter at the original printing place), or to the direct offices of China Eastern Airline, or to China Eastern Airline by mail (Address: The Refund Group, Floor 3, No. 66 Airport Avenue, Pudong New Area, Shanghai. Zip code: 201202.)
• Loss of the Invoice does not have any influence on the passengers’ checking in, and the passengers can directly check in with valid traveling certificates. A new copy of the lost Invoice will not be provided.
Application for Ticket Changes
• Ticket changes refer to the changes of departure date or time, and cabin level.
• For tickets that can be rescheduled, if the rearranged flight does not have available cabins at the same level, the ticket can be changed to the precedent available cabin and a upgrade fee will ensue. If there are both the upgrade fee and the rescheduling fee, only the higher one will be charged.
• Passenger who purchase domestic tickets online can perform the above-mentioned ticket changes online.
• Passengers who purchase regional or international tickets online cannot perform the above-mentioned tickets changes at the moment.
• The customer service hot line of China Eastern Airline (95530) can change electronic tickets, and the passengers can also change their tickets at direct ticket counters or airport ticket counters of China Eastern Airline at different places.
The traveling certificate number cannot be changed once the ticket is purchased
• Passengers who purchase tickets online cannot change the number of their certificate once the ticket is purchased. Therefore, the passenger needs to type in the correct certificate number for the “Input passenger Information” part.
• After the ticket is purchased, if the passenger finds the certificate number different from the one to be used for checking in, he can only return the original ticket, submit a refund application online and re-purchase the ticket. China Eastern Airline will regard the passenger’s refund application as voluntary refund.
The passenger’s name cannot be changed once the ticket is purchased.
• Passengers who purchase tickets online cannot change the passenger’s name after purchasing the ticket. Therefore, the passenger must type in correctly the passenger’s name for the “Input Passenger’s Information” part.
• Passengers who purchase domestic tickets and whose name contains characters that cannot be recognized by the system should type in Chinese pinyin instead of the unrecognizable characters for “Passenger’s Name” (e.g. type in 李ZHE for李喆; type in 李ZHEYI for 李喆一). The passenger should also ask the personnel at the service counter of China Eastern Airline to handle such kind of matters prior to checking in at the airport.
• Passengers who ask for downgrade after purchasing tickets (e.g. asking for downgrading a first-class ticket to a business-class or economy-class ticket) should ask for a refund for the original ticket, submit a refund application online and re-purchase a ticket. The passenger’s refund application will be regarded as a voluntary refund.
• Refund Method: online refund. The ticket purchaser submits a refund application online and China Eastern Airlin